If someone had told me that one day Mother's Day would turn out to be such a painful holiday, I probably would have laughed at them. Oh naive, little Meredith :-) It's tough - there's no getting around it, but try to remember that there is great hope in Jesus, and really, He is all that we need.
Some really amazing women have written some great things this week about dealing with Mother's Day, so I thought I would share with you all!
- When Mother's Day is the Worst Day of the Year
- A Call from (and to) the Hurting before Mother's Day
- A Letter to Infertile Women on Mother's Day
- Learning to Love Mother's Day (while facing infertility)
- An Open Letter to Pastors (a non-mom speaks about Mother's Day)
Praying extra prayers for you all this weekend. Try to stay strong, and if you need a good cry, listen to this:
Love and prayers,